That's long ... to long.
Sure I'm doing the project management but there isn't a lot to manage if things go so slow.
A few months back I really got demotivated and my biggest fear is that this will affect the game. Although most work was done before I really got this down feeling.
Since I had nothing better to do I started to do some pixel art myself. The female dwarf is made out of the male dwarf. The hat, eyes and the shoes are the same. Her dress, hair and the garden temed tiles are my work.
I wasn't motivated enough to do all the animation. Maybe I just need to slap myself from time to time.
And so the playtest finally happend.
Playtestcloud did not disappoint. I got some free credits so these test where free and the service before and after was great.
One player rated the game 5 stars. The other gamer didn't fully understand the rules so she rated the game 1 star out of frustration.
It's kinda funny to see that players understand the concept of a turn but do not recognize it when they see it. With some adjustments on the tutorials the forecast for 4 In a Blow seems really bright.
When will it happen?
I've decided to use both iOS and android versions for soft - and global launch. Let's hope we can get more traction that way.
The soft - and global launch is an all-or-nothing story. There is no budget left for adjustments unless the launch makes enough money or I find new funding for my project.
- I singed up for a belgium television show VT4 channel. The show is about investors and project developers. Let's hope they bring good news.
- You can ask questions to Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne by mail or twitter. And so I did. I sended a mail asking what is the best way to collect data for the BOS tools. Let's hope they anser soon.
- Apparently my blog post about Matt Hall is on their Blue ocean strategy elibrary. Cool :-D
- I'm starting to do some research for a new game concept. Something with word searching. Or maybe something completely different.
It'll probably be a game made with html5 instead of unity. And I'll have to look for volantiers to work with me.
- I kinda missed writing blog posts. On the other hands there wasn't much to tell.